Metal deactivators for lubricants
Metal deactivators have two main targets :
Protect copper and yellow metals (for example bronze) against:
Passivate the copper surface:
- - attack by atmospheric oxygen.
- - sulphur compounds which may be present in a lubricant formulation.
as a matter of fact,
copper is well-known to have a catalytic effect in many chemical
reactions. Thus it is very important to reduce the catalytic activity
of copper ions in the oxidation process of base fluids.
Lumar range of metal deactivators comprises:
- - Benzotriazole
- - Tolutriazole
- - Tolutriazole sodium salts
- - Tolutriazole derivatives
- - Water soluble deactivators
- - Water non soluble deactivators
If you require further information such as product technical data sheets and safety
data sheets please contact our sales office
or send us your request from our